My friend, Jess Ferguson, tagged me with some questions, so here goes.
1)What is the one book you couldn't live without?
Other than the Bible, it would have to be The Million Word Crossword Dictionary. In addition to helping me out with my crosswords, it's a great Thesaurus. Better than a regular one, actually.
2) What can you see out your window at the moment?
A gray March afternoon and the Pousson's house.
3) What's the weirdest thing you've ever eaten?
Like Jess, I'm not an adventurous eater, but I would have to say it would be the powdered milk and eggs we had to use in Goose Bay, Labrador.
4) What fictional character would you most like to marry?
That's easy. James Bond, as played by Sean Connery. A close second would be the sergeant in "From Here to Eternity," as played by Burt Lancaster.
5) If ever a fictional villain was going to win, who would you want it to be?
Hannibal Lector, because the ones he went after usually had it coming.
6) How many types of cheese can you name off the top of your head?
American, Swiss, cheddar, parmesan. Love 'em all.
7) If you didn't want to be a writer, what would you want to be?
8) Can you play a musical instrument?
I can play "Chopsticks" and "Heart and Soul" on the piano.
9) Do you own a Kindle or Nook or any sort of e-reader?
I have a Kindle Keyboard and a Kindle Fire.
10) If you do, how many books do you have on it?
95 when I counted yesterday. Since then I've bought two more.
11) You just got published. In a glowing review, someone calls you the next [insert famous author name here]. Which famous author has to watch their back now you're on the scene?
James Lee Burke. Wish I could write like him.